Working moms over 40 often discover that this season of their lives is the most demanding yet. Some of those reasons might be because they are:
- parenting babies, young toddlers or teenagers all within the complexities of our modern times
- delivering during what is often the apex of their careers with more responsibility and mission than they had in their 20s and 30s
- either trying to foster a loving relationship with their partner, or navigate the end of one, or being a single parent
- supporting their aging parents (either through a new life stage, a serious illness, end of life or after their passing with estate matters)
- sifting through their own changing health needs due to either perimenopause or menopause, as they sort out how best to support themselves when things that worked in their 20s and 30s no longer do
- maintaining their homes, family finances, laundry as well as feeding and nourishing their families and themselves (often amidst varying and evolving dietary allergies and intolerances)
- addressing other important aspects of life like extended family, friendships, and possible community involvement
- and now, also navigating the newer challenges of societal change and grief, from the pandemic.
For many women, many of these things means we made our dreams come true. We created families and careers that we longed for. Unfortunately, the reality of navigating all of these aspects at once at this time in our lives, often results in feelings of overwhelm, exhaustion, depletion or even burnout, as well as feelings of frustration or anger. Deep down we know each of these sacred areas of our lives deserve our best, but many women lack the tools and resources they need, to balance all of these aspects without feeling like they are on a treadmill.
Being a mother myself and having experienced my own ‘meat grinder decade’ I understand intimately how depleting this season can be without a plan and systems in place to manage it. This is why I feel deeply called to serve working moms during this time in their lives. I aim to empower working women over 40 to become stronger and more resilient – to become “Athletes for their lives” – so they have the stamina, energy and systems in their life, that they need. It is possible to shift from where you are now to a stronger, more focused and resilient version of you! I am deeply passionate and honoured to help you shift from stressed to slaying it in your life!